About Me

My photo
Loving all stylish and wonderful things in life, fashion and interiors. I am English but living my life in the fabulous city of Melbourne in Australia. Welcome and please read on.... (contact me at sjstubbs19@gmail.com)

Monday, January 16, 2012

Favourite paint colours








I really love the colours from the Paint and Paper Library range. They are perhaps not so universally well known as say Farrow and Ball but their colours are just gorgeous and the quality of the paint is second to none. David Oliver (photograph to the left) is Design Director of Paint & Paper Library based in Chelsea, London. He studied Fine Art, sculpture, painting, printmaking, photography and life drawing at the National Art School in Sydney where he developed his knowledge of twentieth century art. His work has been exhibited in Dublin, Madrid, New York, Sydney, Stockholm and London. Collections include the V&A Museum and the British Craft Council. In 2007 he completed his first book PAINT & PAPER A Masterclass in Colour and Light, published by Conran Octopus UK and Rizzoli USA. David unique sense of colour, demonstrated by his innovate architectural colours shades, has earned him the nickname the "Rock Star of Colour" or "The Prince of Paint" .....















Hmmm, quite a dish too (maybe because he's an Aussie?!!) which is of course nothing to do whatsoever with my decision to reproduce his photograph here on the blog for you all to see !

















Anyway, back to the paint! A photograph above showing one of my all time FAVOURITE colours from the range - namely TARLATAN. It's on the wall on the right in our teeny little galley kitchen in our cottage in England. It's a sort of grey-taupe colour and looks amazing with white china as above. Yes, those are the very same gorgeous bowls that I coveted ever since I went (last October - see THIS POST) to Daylesford Organic shop in the Cotswolds. My dear friend J read that blog post and gave them to me for Christmas! What a lovely surprise. I know, - very lucky.


Should you wish to learn more about Paint and Paper Library - just go here http://www.paintlibrary.co.uk/ and you will also find that this month TARLATAN is featured as colour of the month.

Any paint ranges and/or colours you find yourselves using again and again...? Please do share.






8 comments:

  1. Very dishy indeed!!!! I am a Porters Paint girl but am willing to be shown a better range so I'm off to have a look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had more $$$ I used Farrow and Ball and Fine Paints of Europe.

    Now I'm in love with a Canadian line called C2.

    Still pricy but beautiful colors, fantastic coverage and they have 2 ft. paint samples. perfect!

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pudding bowls!
    I have never used Farrow and Ball paint. I am a fan of Benjamin Moore Paints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The barn we have just moved they used Little Greene's paint sort of white/grey colour .....like it.

    I have used Farrow/ball for their chalky finish just right for period properties.

    English Heritage is another goodie.

    Ah Daylesford feel a visit coming on in the Spring! Sweet bowls. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Porters too. I am planning on using their Liquid Silver range in our new house: http://www.porterspaints.com/paints/speciality-finishes/liquid-silver Definitely for our dining room and bedroom! I loved visiting Farrow and Ball but to be honest I'm very much into wallpaper for feature walls - Osbourne and Little have some amazing specimens and I am particularly in love with Malabar by Geoffrey Stewart: http://www.cole-and-son.com/search_results_name.asp?productname=malabar&form=4&image=submit

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not all that interested in paint, truth be told, but a dishy man, well, always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love LPC's comment. Hilarious. I used to love Porter's Paints – particularly a beautiful periwinkle blue colour called 'Nebular' (terrible name; gorgeous shade), which is a pale, Marie Antoinette-esque, French blue. But recently I've discovered a shade by British Paints (I know, who'd thought?) called 'Urban Charcoal', which is THE most perfect French grey ever. I also love a navy-blue called 'Snapshot' (not sure of brand), which is like the sky over Paris at night.
    Oh – could talk paint colours for HOURS!
    Janelle McCulloch xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are a wonderful lot! Knew you'd come up with some paints I didn't know. Julienne - Porters Paints - interesting - will go and have a look. Flwrjane love the idea of 2ft paint samples - very sensible indeed, Hostess - yes have heard that Benjamin Moore paints are great, Ida - yes I also love Little Greene Paint Co. too, Miss Kitty will check out Porters and yes, agree Osborne and Little are the tops for Wallpapers, Lisa you make me smile, and Janelle knew you'd be a mine of information regarding paint colours and that Urban Charcoal paint colour sounds fabulous. Yes, I know I could talk paint for hours too (my daughter thinks I am a bit "sad"!!) And I'd imagine LPC would think so too but she loves a dishy man so she is forgiven!! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and for your comment.....