About Me

My photo
Loving all stylish and wonderful things in life, fashion and interiors. I am English but living my life in the fabulous city of Melbourne in Australia. Welcome and please read on.... (contact me at sjstubbs19@gmail.com)

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Immeasurable happiness...


My 20 year old 'baby' is back....
She flew into Melbourne yesterday evening and I cannot tell you the feeling of joy I experienced on waking this morning just knowing she was under the same roof as me after nearly 6 months apart.


I have a few days off from work - we spent today chatting, catching up on lots of things; really luxuriating in not having to do anything in particular. No essay deadlines for her and nothing for me to worry about. A sushi lunch and then giggling this afternoon having pedicures together.


All in all a perfect day....

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a lovely day and more to come!!!

    Pedicures are always the best when you go with your Mum!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news! Hope you have a lovely few days hanging out together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is the best reason to celebrate!
    Have a wonderful, wonderful time together xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you two. Enjoy every minute. Though it sounds like you already are!

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah sarah, i hear the joy in your voice. as the mom to 3 sons, i'm thinking what you are experiencing is a mother daughter thing. i love my boys dearly but when they come home it's a whole different story. after the first day or 2 of waiting on them hand and foot like the old days, i'm sorta ready for them to move along!

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds wonderful. I dread the time that my 16 year old stepdaughter and best friend leaves for college. I hope that she will come back and spend time with me as your daughter is with you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fabulous Sarah!
    Mother daughter days are a gift to savour and keep close to the heart.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Yay! Have a wonderful, wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that you're reunited!

    Enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Semi-X,
    Do I ever get this! How I know our need to feel our children's existence. Yay!!!! How fantastic. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray, hooray, hooray!!! I hope you are having a fabulosoooo time! XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can well imagine your happiness. Six months is a long time. But now together, enjoy the time together : )!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading this makes me feel very guilty at moving 5000 miles away from my Mum (Cambridge -> San Francisco). I wonder if she feels like you when I arrive "home"? I rather think she does :)
    Have a great time with DD.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and for your comment.....