About Me

My photo
Loving all stylish and wonderful things in life, fashion and interiors. I am English but living my life in the fabulous city of Melbourne in Australia. Welcome and please read on.... (contact me at sjstubbs19@gmail.com)

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Shop on the other side of the road



Opposite Peony is the lovely shop Ma Maison Home Couture http://www.ma-maison.com.au/ which is owned and run by the lovely Shelly - she has some beautiful linens, china, gifts, stationery etc. and she is a charming and warm person too - take a look at her website - so lovely to look out over the road and see the smart, blue striped awning - note - it was warm enough today to have her door open...... Oh, and she also brought me a coffee mid morning too - my turn tomorrow to get them !



Thought I would share a funny story with you - re : travelling to work - I go on the train (great service I think in Melbourne although Melburnians do complain about the service - Connex - they should try British Rail then they would have something to complain about!) Anyway, it is only 3 stops but when I got on this morning a young-ish man was plugged in to his ipod with the sound way too loud and all the rest of the commuters were having to put up with "Ting Ting Ting Ting" and the constant droning of whatever music he was listening to....... I sat there and was reminded of my father who once, when travelling on a train tapped such a person on the shoulder as he was getting off and said to him very loudly "Excuse me but your personal stereo ISN'T personal!!" - wish I had the courage to do that sometimes... (I may add that my father has been likened a bit to Victor Meldrew that well known character in the British TV series 'One Foot in the Grave'...... Anyway, I smiled to myself this morning when thinking of it.



And, talking of parents MR SE'S MOTHER is, as I write or type, winging her way across the skies from UK for a month stay with us - yes the MIL is coming..... So, all this week I have been preparing meals and shoving them in the freezer in the evenings and even excelled and made a cake last night - well, a loaf type thing - Banana, Orange and Date Loaf... Have of course sampled it and actually it is not all that bad at all so I may post recipe here at the weekend! Anyway, watch this space - she is known as being rather outspoken to say the least......







And, to finish off this is what I wore to work - Mr SE collected me today (and took the photo for me in the shop at the end of the day). I am wearing - black panel skirt with cream ribbon bands on it from an Australian shop (can't remember which one - but def. a high street one,) black top underneath from Gap and short cream cropped cardi from 'Primarche' - black wolford tights and the same shoes as yesterday - yes, I know you shouldn't wear same shoes two days running but am running low on flat comfy ones now! And necklace from lovely place where I work when I am back in UK called Indigo - will describe Indigo at a later date....
Friday tomorrow then le weekend - am looking forward to it already......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and for your comment.....