About Me

My photo
Loving all stylish and wonderful things in life, fashion and interiors. I am English but living my life in the fabulous city of Melbourne in Australia. Welcome and please read on.... (contact me at sjstubbs19@gmail.com)

Sunday, September 6, 2009

The weekend and last Friday




Well this weekend was busy - MIL arrived at the crack of dawn on Friday and we spent the weekend showing her around Melbourne culminating in a trip today (Sunday) with a picnic on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria with a look at the spectaclar 'Twelve Apostles' (photo above) - just breathtaking.







Some flowers for the weekend - well, a bit late really now - sorry, but enjoy all the same - I took the photograph in the shop on Friday - beautiful pink orchids which have lasted all week - so stunning and really make a statement....


And lastly this is what I wore to work last Friday - white shirt from a little shop north of Oxford Street in London, UK, cropped sea green cardi from Brora - fantastic cashmere - http://www.brora.co.uk/ - their sales are especially worth waiting for, and a new black linen skirt from a local Melbourne designer called


Dainy Sawatzky - called 'Paper Lantern Skirt'...... MIL took one look at it and said to me "What on earth is wrong with your skirt - its all funny at the hem and bunches out?" - I replied that it was designed that way to which she retorted "Well, I'd hate to wear it - I would have to keep smoothing it down!" - Told you she was outspoken!! It was a good day in the shop with quite a few customers in and some telephone orders too including one from a gentleman in Sydney who asked for a Carthusia fragrance to be sent to him (Aria di capri)- yes, he knew it was labelled as a 'fragrance for women' but he said he loved it for himself and enjoyed wearing it so, why not - yes, why not indeed? Chacun a son gout as they say .........
I have the day off tomorrow (am doing Tuesday to Fridays in the shop and so I will be taking MIL around the beautiful city of Melbourne) ......
Will post again on Tuesday evening......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and for your comment.....