About Me

My photo
Loving all stylish and wonderful things in life, fashion and interiors. I am English but living my life in the fabulous city of Melbourne in Australia. Welcome and please read on.... (contact me at sjstubbs19@gmail.com)

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Recipe for you (long overdue!)

Some time back last month I promised to give you the recipe for the Banana, Date and Orange loaf/cake thingy I made whilst (well in fact for the arrival of) the MIL.... It turned out very well so I thought and Mr SE was partial to it too but the MIL did not comment on it and even though I asked on two separate occasions later whether she would like a slice (with her tea!) the answer was always negative!!!! DO NOT LET THIS PUT YOU OFF THOUGH... - its scrummy and very easy and that, as far as I am concerned, is the best bit.









BANANA DATE AND ORANGE LOAF


What you'll need:


90g butter


Half cup soft brown sugar


Grated zest of 1 orange


Third cup orange juice


2 eggs


1 cup chopped dates


3 large bananas mashed but not pulverised


1.5 cups of S/R Wholemeal flour





What to do:

Preheat oven to moderate (depending on your oven presumably - mine runs 'cold' I think so I set it at 200 but I would imagine around 170 to 180 or slightly less if you have a fan assisted oven). Grease and line a 20cm by 12 cm loaf pan with baking parchment (again, don't think this was the size I had but I am sure it doesn't really matter!!). Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy and then add the orange zest with one egg and beat well. Add remaining egg and beat to a smooth batter. Fold in dates, bananas, flour and orange juice. Blend well.


Spoon into the loaf pan and bake for around 45 to 55 minutes - Cool in pan for 5 mins or so before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.


and then ENJOY!!








1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by and for your comment.....