About Me

My photo
Loving all stylish and wonderful things in life, fashion and interiors. I am English but living my life in the fabulous city of Melbourne in Australia. Welcome and please read on.... (contact me at sjstubbs19@gmail.com)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ma Maison

Yesterday I was working at this lovely shop - Ma Maison Home Couture where I am pleased to say I am going to be helping out on a regular basis, one day a week.... I have written about it before - it is the shop that is located opposite Peony and is owned by the charming and delightful Shelly.... She has a great range of linens, china, glassware, soft furnishing, books, bath products, tableware, stationery, gourmet foods, gifts - in fact a really wonderful selection.


Look at these - gorgeous, generously sized cushions with French images - adore the map one of Paris - in fact this sold not long after I took the photograph!


Here it is in close up....



Great selection of china - look at the nautical / striped theme china (Kate Spade) - very topical at this time and looking so fresh too...




A selection of bed linen and pillows and throws, lovely padded cushiony hangers and at the front wonderfully scented water for helping out with the ironing...





And these are fun! Cupcake print aprons - so pretty. Also note the lovely selection of chocolates and sweeties just behind on the counter.....
Definitely worth a visit if you live in Melbourne.


http://www.ma-maison.com.au/


9 comments:

  1. I could spend hours browsing in this place, my idea of little bit of shopping heaven xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cupcake apron. Not that I wear one! Ok Ok but only when cooking! I think the cupcake one would look great hanging in a Nana's kitchen.(or Grand Dad's!)Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo-ah, that Paris cushion has just made my morning grind to a halt! Will there be any more of those? Although I suppose shipping from Aus to US would be a pretty penny....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh la la, that looks like a wonderful shop, great pillows too...I'm thinking that you'll be shopping while you work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the map/ postage stamp cushions they are very fine but I have enough cushions already, had to stop myself buying one with a lovely knitted fox on last week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - lucky you! Will be difficult to prise you away from Melbourne back to Blighty soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. NWestLG - Am sure you would love it in there!

    James - Am sure the apron would suit and would amuse your 'Rat Pack' too!

    Struggler - Will find out for you on both accounts if you like.

    HOTHB - Oh yes, much temptation!

    TNMA - Knitted Fox pillow sounds wonderful - I love knitted things so much too. (especially knitted 'useless' things like knitted cupcakes - yes, crazy I know!)

    Susie - yes, am enjoying life here... not due back for quite a while this time - you will have to come here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Lucky you! I could even pay for having a chance to work every now and then in a shop like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a divine shoppe! Loving those cushions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and for your comment.....